How to Draw an Eye in Pencil Step by Step
Step 1. In the first stage, we need to draw the shape of the eye. Although this is the first phase of the picture, but much attention must be paid to it. After all, if the shape of the eyes will not be like you want it to, then the whole picture will look not very pretty.
Step 2. Now draw the pupil. This is a hole in the iris, through which light rays are received. Apple of the eye can be narrowed by sphincter or expanded by dilatator, controlled by sympathetic fibers. I’ll depict it fully expanded. Although such human condition is not natural.
Step 3. The large size of the pupil usually result in emotional arousal, pain or introduction into the body of symptomatic drugs (cocaine, amphetamines, adrenaline), hallucinogenic (like LSD), or anticholinergic ones. In the pupil is also visible a fleck-reflection of light rays. One small round just above the center and the second larger is to the left (from the point of view of the viewer). We need to add shadows. Later we add the eyelashes.
Step 4. Here we add the shading in the pupil that will give it depth and realism. I also added some shadows on the eyelashes and on the top of the eyeball.
Oh and here’s the end result:
How to Properly Draw an Eye Step by Step
1. Start with the pupil, you can use the circle, or draw it by hand. Draw a bigger circle-this will be our iris, and a smaller circle in it- a pupil.
2. Next stage. Draw the upper and lower eyelid. In order to do it correctly imagine that the form of eyelids resembles a fish. If a little stretch our imagination you should get something similar.
3. Add on our pupil some flecks-this will make the eye more realistic. Don’t forget about the 3rd eyelid, about the thickness of the upper and lower eyelid. Once the shape of our eyes has become completely acceptable you can forget about the fish and the fins.
4. No less important detail in drawing the eye is the eyelashes. You need to understand exactly the form of the eyelashes, the direction in which they grow and how they should not be drawn. The eyelashes typically take the form of a comma in reverse. At the base they are thicker and at the end they are narrowed. The eyelashes are never straight and of the same thickness, otherwise you get rays of the Sun as painted by the children. Note how the eyelashes should not be drawn and how to depict them correctly.
5. Train separately until you make it. Now let’s deal with the direction of the growth of eyelashes. On the eyelid the eyelashes usually grow in a different direction depending on the location. In the picture below I’ll show by arrows where and in what direction they grow. Don’t forget that the closer to the corner of the eyes (3rd eyelid) the eyelashes reduce in its size. In no event make them the same size or else they come out far-fetched.
6. In order that our lashes look thicker cross hatch a little at the base of the eyelashes. Thus the eyelashes will gain volume and density.
7. Let’s proceed to part of the tone, volume and realism of our eye. In this lesson, our eye will be black and white to emphasize outlines and structure. Let’s divide our eye into tones. The lightest part will be the fleck on the pupil. We are not going to touch it, but later and altogether erase its contours. Note that the the pupil is the darkest in our eye, then by the tone go eyelashes, then 3rd eyelid, iris and the lightest is the white of the eye (don’t leave it white, it also has a tone).
For the correct drawing of the tone I’ll note in red lines where it should be drawn for you not to mistaken. Remember that the fleck should remain pure white. The arrows indicate the direction in which your tone should get weaker and merge with those that you drew earlier.
You should get the similar image of the eye.
8. In conclusion, add contrast to your eye. If necessary make the tone more distinct where you drew it. If you wish, you can draw in the volume the upper eyelid that covers the eye. This will give our eye even more volume and make it more realistic. Note the structure of the iris. Draw it, it will only be a plus for your eye.