How to Draw Anime Eyes
1. Draw a long curved line like in the picture. Draw a shorter curved line opposite the first one. Add slightly curved lines that go up and down from each of the lines. That’s your basic shape for the future eye. The upper curved line is usually thicker than the lower one. Don’t forget that short line at the end of the upper eyelid. That’s a characteristic trait of all anime eyes.
2. Draw a big white circle that shows the direction in which your character will look. Add a small circle in the bottom of the sheet. Usually the upper highlight in the eye is bigger than the lower one. You can add more white highlights.
3. Eyelashes. When you drawing the left eye, make your eyelashes pointing to the right. The eyelashes on the right eye should point to the left. The anime eyelashes are bigger and thicker than the real eyelashes. You can add small eyelashes along the lower curved line. Draw a thin line slightly higher than the thick lower line you drew at the start. This will add more depth to the eyes.
4. Do the hatching. Go from the top to the bottom. Make a dark circle to represent the pupil.
How to Draw Cartoon Female Eyes
1. Draw a curved line for the eyelashes.
2. Draw an incomplete ellipse that touches the eyelashes line.
3. Draw incomplete ellipses in the middle of the first ellipse you drew in step 2. They will be needed for the pupil.
4. Draw two small horizontal ellipses. Make the one in the left slightly bigger. Draw another curved line for the eyelashes. It should be smaller than the first one. Now add a short curved line that starts near the lower eyelashes line.
5. Draw another a slightly curved line to represent the eyebrows. The right end of the line should be thicker.
6. Add the details, trace it over with a pen and erase the guiding lines.
7. Color in anime style!
How to Draw Cartoon Male Eyes
1. Draw two slightly curved lines. The lines should be thinner at the left side. Make the upper line thicker than the lower one.
2. Draw a semicircle with a small circle inside. The semicircle should be closer to the left margin.
3. Draw a few curved lines to create the skin around the eyes.
4. Draw a slightly curved line that is very thick in the middle but slightly thinner in the left side. This line will represent the eyebrow.
5. Trace the drawing with a pen and add the details.